Saturday, March 21, 2015

What a Week!

I had the busiest week ever to start out the month of March, and I am only now getting sort-of caught up!  It always seems to work out for me that my otherwise empty calendar will have my few engagements all over-lapping or crammed into one very hectic week.  I started out the craziness with a weekend stitching retreat in Cleburne, Texas, where there was still this much snow on the ground, a whole week after the storms had passed:


Worried about getting snowed in, we brought tons of provisions, including this Texas-sized box of chocolates!


The hotel provided us with one of their largest conference rooms, which we had jam-packed.  This is just one corner!


I brought a ton of canvases to stitch, including Mod Ornaments:


A trip to Cleburne always includes at least one trip to Fancy Stitches!  This is a great stitch & finish of  one of my Texas flag canvases by Kathy.  It certainly does make me feel right at home to visit such a lovely shop that has so many of my canvases on the walls!


In May, Cynthia will be teaching another of my holiday collage canvases (she did the Halloween one last year.)


These are two versions of my Alpine Puzzle charted design that they have done, on lime canvas and on lavender. FYI, Fancy Stitches is THE place to call if you are looking for some of these very hard to find custom canvas colors.



Finally, I was in Cleburne also to pick up my models that were in the Thistle Hill needlepoint exhibit from the week before.  Unfortunately, the event was snowed-out for 3 of its 4 day run.  My friends and Thistle Hill volunteers Sally Ann and Sualice worked so hard toting these models around!  Here are a couple of photos that Saulice took of my stuff on display in the dining room:



And that was just the start of the week, I got home Sunday, went to the Houston rodeo on Monday, had a class on Tuesday, a stitch-in on Wednesday, my ANG meeting on Thursday, and then a 3-day Tony Minieri class Friday through Sunday! The rest of this month is pretty open though, and I need it to try to actually get some work done!  Happy Stitching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment