Saturday, June 30, 2012

So What Else is New?

Outside of the new canvas designs I released for the Summer TNNA Market, I have a couple of other new projects to show off as well.  The first one I actually did last summer and had forgotten about it until my Facebook friend Kristen gave me a heads up (and took the photo for me too!)  This is a cross stitch adaptation of CandyLand Christmas Tree Farm that I did for the 2012 edition of the Cross Stitch Christmas Annual published by Better Homes & Gardens. (The company also publishes Cross Stitch & Needlework magazine.) Unfortunately, I don't have the name of the model stitcher, but they did a wonderful job! 



The other project is a new canvaswork design that will be published this Winter in Needlepoint Now.  I can only show you a portion of it for now, though.  I should tell you that the finished project looks a little different currently, as it was somewhat transformed during the finishing process.  Have I sparked your interest yet? This design and a companion piece will be published in two issues starting November 2012.


Finally, a note about the blog itself-- a big thank you to Vicky De Angelis for adding my blog to her wonderful blog's roll.  Glad you are out there keeping an eye on me Vicky! ;)  And speaking of blog rolls, please take note that I have added one to my own.  Danielle has been keeping her blog, Peace Love and Stitching since 2010, but she's new to needlepoint.  You'd never know that however, since she has taken off like a seasoned pro-- she already has started building a canvas stash and has several projects in the works.  It's been great fun watching her and reminiscing about the days when I made my first foray from cross stitch to counted thread and then painted canvas.  Good times!

That's all for now folks!  Try to stay cool and stitch this weekend!


2 comments:

  1. My pleasure to add you Ada! Sorry it took so long... I can't wait to see this newest piece of yours in Needlepoint Now! and especially this multi~colored thread...it is purr~fect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicky! We'd all prefer you be stitching rather than spending time on blog maintenance! :)

    ReplyDelete