Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Prismatic Quartet Part Four

It hardly seems possible that the final installment of Prismatic Quartet is here already! The May/June 2012 issue should most likely already be in your mailboxes as I write this.  I remember that years ago, before I ever even dreamt that I would have a project published in Needlepoint Now, that issues seemed to arrive so seldom that I often worried if my copy had gotten lost in the mail.  But ever since I have been fortunate enough to contribute to its contents I swear it seems as if it is suddenly a monthly magazine!  I feel like I only finished stitching this design the other day and here we are at the end already-- it's quite a bittersweet experience for me really.  If you are stitching along on this design, I hope you have enjoyed it, and if you have yet to start then I suppose you also feel as if this series has been published at the speed of light :)  

Here is a close up photo of part four.  Hopefully it will be helpful to you if you have any questions about the exact placement for the various beads and sequins:




Here are close ups of the previous sections published over the past three issues.  Part three of four was published in the March/April 2012 issue:



Part two of four from the Jan/Feb 2012 issue:



Lastly, part one of the series from the Nov/Dec 2011 issue:



And all together now, the complete Quartet!



I hope you have or will enjoy stitching this piece as much as I did.  It was wonderful to finally use some of the threads from my stash that I had been longing to stitch with, but had never found the right canvas for.  You may have plenty of threads like this in your stash as well, and if so I encourage you to try them on this design-- it is truly a "stash-buster" project.  However, if you are like me and you prefer to stitch a design as it is shown, there are shops out there who have taken the work out of hunting down the many, many threads for you and offer complete kits.  Bedecked and Beadazzled and Pocket Full of Stitches are two of them and they both offer mail order as well if you are not local.  

Finally, I would like to thank the wonderful Needlepoint Now crew for their fantastic magazine!  It has been invaluable to me over the years, both as a stitcher and a designer.  Elizabeth Bozievich, the editor and publisher is a dream to work with and I've had the added pleasure of working with Vicky DeAngelis too.  Vicky's insight into editing my diagrams and instructions for this project was incredibly helpful.  

Hope you have enjoyed this little retrospective.  If you have any questions at all regarding this project, please do send me an email!  Happy Stitching!   



No comments:

Post a Comment