Thursday, May 29, 2014

Stitching Games Update for May

The clue for this month was "Tortoise", and being a literalist, I thought tortoise = slow, and nothing is slower than stitching a black on black background with lots of compensation, so I got to work on the area behind the flowers in the center panel.  I stitched it in Giant Brick using 1 strand of #8 Perle Cotton in 310 Black. Although I couldn't get it to show well for the photo, the stitch shows up well enough in person that it sort of looks like tall, unmowed grass.  Ironically, it did go a little faster than I anticipated, and I was able to post my picture early this month.

I am really looking forward to an opportunity to get those flower petals stitched!  Hopefully the June clue will be something I can work into flowers.  



No comments:

Post a Comment