Friday, March 2, 2012

Welcome to My Blog!

I decided it was finally time to get it together and start a blog. Not that I have extra time on my hands that I'm looking to fill, far from it. I hope that I'll be able to make the time to blog regularly, not every six months or so. Hopefully, it may even keep me organized and on track (that's a reach, I know!) The track I'm on at the moment is finishing up my new club series. Not the Hoot Owls, that's old news here at EyeCandy World Headquarters. I mean the one coming after the owls. Yes, I have been working on this one for a while now and my goal is to finish stitching the last two models before the end of this month, so that I can say I have one club finished before the current one even starts! Of course, I'm not at the point where I can show you what I'm working on. Well I can, kind of sort of. Here's the pile of threads, beads and goodies I started with:Here's a picture of what they look like now:
Yes, it's the ort bowl I've kept for this series since I started. That's seven canvases worth of orts you see there. Yes, some of the thread did actually make it onto canvas, I didn't just clip it all up to make ort-art! I promise to actually show you something stitched at some point, if you will just hang in here with me! Until next time, happy stitching!


10 comments:

  1. welcome to the blogosphere, Ada. It will be a pleasure to see your progresses. Don't forget to inform our friends on Stitcherie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Palma, I'm glad you are my first commenter!

      Delete
  2. Welcome, Ada. I've added your new blog listing to the Needlepoint Study Hall roster, too. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Robin, I'll be in great company!!

      Delete
  3. I've added your blog to Blog's list, too. That way I can always visit. Have fun tempting us with new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, now I know for sure everyone will see it-- is there anyone who doesn't follow your blog??

      Delete
  4. Welcome to the world of blogging. I have had the most fun doing it. Made so many friends here in the USA and all over the world. Good luck with it.

    Stephanie
    stephsstitching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie, I've added you to my blog roll here too. I've really enjoyed reading your blog, especially about your group of SWANs!

      Delete
  5. I am glad to see you here....I will add you to my blog roll as well...I tried to comment yesterday but it did not like me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat, I often have trouble leaving comments too. I've added you to my blog roll as well. Can't wait for another ABR update! Tomorrow I think I will post a photo of mine!

      Delete