Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Garden Party Has Started!

While the Garden Party Mystery officially got under way the Sunday before last when Ruth held the first class, the party started later for those of us in the "correspondence course" group.  I can tell you there was much anticipation all week for that brown truck to show up with our canvas, kits and Snap Trays! (Yes, this class has it's own official Snap Tray!  Read all about it on Ruth's blog.) Super-stitchers Cheryl, Jeannine, Sharon, Suzy and et. al. have kept us up to date on exactly when their UPS men finally dropped off the goods and I do believe all of them have gotten started and are well on their way to completing their first lesson.  You can keep up with all of the fun stitchy chit-chat over on the official discussion group page over on Stitcherie.  In the meantime, here's a review of Lesson One:

Ruth has chosen a background for each area that is totally perfect for each motif:



I think this one may be my favorite, I love dots!


Although this one is right up my alley with sequins!


But I also love hearts and the color orange, so how can I really choose??


This section is pretty special as well as it uses a fun overdye thread, something I don't feel I ever get enough of!


And here is the too-fabulous Snap Tray, created exclusively for this class.  I'm pretty partial to it, but I may be somewhat biased!


Those who are all caught up on the first lesson as well as the folks we have who are "sideline spectators" are already anxious to see what Ruth has lined up for next time, including me.  Yep, no sneak peeks for me, not even the Snap Tray.  Ruth is a champion stitcher as well as secret-keeper!  Until her next blog update on July 8th, Happy Stitching! 






2 comments:

  1. Wow, I suppose you are in for a long wait, but I think it will be worth it! So cool to think of one of my designs traveling across the world. It's a big complement to me considering the fabulous embroidery seen in your stitching magazines. (I've been collecting Inspirations for years!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous. This is a terrific canvas by Ada and I bet the stitch guide by Ruth is perfect. It's adorable. It's hard being so far away. :( Hopefully you'll do more of Ada'a canvases as cyberclasses soon. Thanks.

    Blessings,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete