Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Spring Garden Bonus Project and More!

I am happy to announce that the May/June issue of Needlepoint Now features a bonus companion piece to my Spring Garden Biscornu and Humbug-- a fun little floss tag to round out this little sewing set:


The above is a preview from the actual issue, I will post some more detailed photos later on.  For those of you working on these projects, I would like to share here once again the best tutorial on working chain stitch.  All of these projects employ a fair amount of chain stitch as it is used for the finishing process on all three designs.  Chain stitch was always a difficult one for me to do, until I came across the technique of working it in reverse.  Not only is it now super easy to do, it also made it into a very utilitarian technique as well.  Read more about it here on the fabulous Sublime Stitching blog.



And in other Needlepoint Now related news, reprints are available for my Prismatic Quartet design published last year.  Some of those issues have sold out, so the magazine is offering it as a reprint booklet.  It is available both direct from the magazine and from Bedecked and Beadazzled


Thanks for stopping by and as always, Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Aloha Ada,

    I will have to call up Ruth and get some of that pink canvas. I've been wanting to do the humbug for some fellow stitchers. Thank you so much! Maria Maunez (aka Livia Reed)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope you enjoy stitching it, let me know how it comes out!

    ReplyDelete