Saturday, April 21, 2012

Spring and Summer Preview

I shipped the last of three boxes of new canvas designs to my distributor, Ruth Schmuff, this week, just in the nick of time for the upcoming TNNA trade show this June. These shows are only twice a year, but do they ever seem to come up fast when painting deadlines are looming. It feels like only yesterday that I was rushing to be ready for the show this past January in Phoenix!

I've broadened the scope of my line this season; in fact, I will need to add a whole new category to my EyeCandy web page to accommodate my new designs! I will probably call the new category "Fantasy" as so far it will contain both Fairy Tales as well as fantastical beings like my Pirate Mermaid:

Hope you like her! I plan on painting her a sister or two for the next trade show. In the meantime, I have to figure out rules for my new canvas category, since I have a Pirate Owl too. He resides in the "Nature" category with the other owls, but perhaps he should move to Fantasy as well. On the other hand, since nothing in needlepoint really has to make sense, I have a lot of canvases that perhaps qualify as Fantasy-- cats in hats anyone?? Such a dilemma!

Well, at least scissor fobs are easier to categorize-- they are tools, and fun ones at that! Back in November 2011, I sent Ruth's shop, Bedecked and Beadazzled, a big batch of fobs in time for Christmas shopping season. I sent the kitty ones below and the mixed batch below it:


In the box I sent this week, I included about a dozen new fobs, a couple each of the styles seen below. Hopefully, they will fit the bill for Mother's Day presents which is coming up fast next month. The photos here really don't do them justice as I don't seem to be able to photograph jewelry very well. Suffice it to say, they are in the EyeCandy style, very bright colors and extremely sparkly-- I add crystals and rhinestones to every one! With all the blingy needle magnets out there, I figure the scissor fob needs to match!


Hope you have enjoyed this peek at new arrivals and soon-to-be-released designs. I'll post the rest of my new canvases here in June, which will arrive before you know it! In the meantime, Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, that bunny fob looks familiar! Although, mine has one short ear now. (The Princess strikes again!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised to hear it, those ears were so delicate I had a hard time finding ones that weren't pre-broken! Wish I could replace it for you but I can't get that bead from my supplier any longer. I'm sure Princess still loves her now one-eared bunny though!

      Delete
  2. Yes, we adore our little bunny regardless of the condition of his ears.

    ReplyDelete