Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Couple of Characters!

Here is the latest incarnation of Sammy, this one belongs to  Palma the Super Stitcher (as we all think of her over on Stitcherie!)  I like her sky very much, it's very dynamic.  She explained that she used a technique she learned from Ruth Schmuff where you concentrate a stitch in one area and make it more sparse in others.  This definitely makes for an interesting background that has a little movement as well.  Her addition of the kite button got all the other Challengers on the phone ordering kite buttons for themselves, myself included!  Such a nice touch!


That's one character, now let me introduce you to the other.  Last week you met my Pirate Mermaid, this week I give you my Lone Star Witch!  Hailing from Texas, my cowgirl sorceress has a holster for her magic wand, a tall black hat (yes, Stetson makes witch hats) and of course her big silver state of Texas belt buckle!  Big red boots, a bat bolo tie and her cute little pet armadillo complete her look.  I hope you like her, she will make her public debut in time for this June's TNNA needlepoint market.  Until then, happy stitching!


4 comments:

  1. Gosh, I just can't get over how many canvases are created with the Texan stitchers in mind. What about those of us in the other 49 states? Don't we count? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please oh please don't try to make me think of how to do a Florida witch, a Pennsylvania witch, etc!! :) Texas is so easy, plus there are TONS of stitchers there. I think TX has the most NP of any state but I won't swear to it.

    By the way, does my gal count as a "green witch" or does it need to be one from TT to qualify for the challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, my dear, it has to be one of the Liz/Ashley witches for the challenge. Michele's the first person to tackle the series challenge, so let's keep everything in the series. (Same colors, lots of the same elements, same themes.) :) Maybe you can talk Ruth into doing yours for the Halloween mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure why, but the blog wouldn't take my first response. For the Green Witch challenge, it needs to specifically be one of the Liz/Ashley witches--not any green witch. Because it is a series challenge, we need to stick to the one witch. She wears the same clothes in all the canvases; the colors of the sky, trees, and grass are consistent; some of the same familiars reappear from canvas to canvas. Your witch will have to wait for a future challenge or mystery, I'm afraid. :)

    ReplyDelete