Sunday, February 22, 2015

Would You Like Ribbons With That?

There definitely is a preference among needleworkers on whether they want bows or no bows on their finishing-- I know at least one or two absolutely no-bow folks, then there are ones like me who will add so many ribbons and embellishments that you can barely see the needlepoint!

These are some recent finishing photos I have that really illustrate the differences between the two styles.  This is my Argyle Pumpkin with a very, very cute bow topper and sweet little feet too, finishing courtesy of Little Shoppe Around the Corner:



And here is the same design finished by Fancy Stitches (don't let the name fool you, they can handle both fancy and plain finishes!)  This one looks very clean with just cording around the edges.


Stitch By Stitch handled the finishing for my Halloween Night Collage, love that embellished bow topper and the little black feet:


And here again is the same design with a clean corded edge, also courtesy of Fancy Stitches:


How do you like your finishing, plain, fancy or something in between?



4 comments:

  1. I prefer a plain finish. Even though the bows are quite beautiful, I feel they distract from the beautiful needlework. I have friends, though, who absolutely, positively must have lots and lots of ribbons and other frippery on their pieces. It makes me smile, however, so all is not lost :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decide on a piece by piece basis for myself, but I tend towards the fancier finishes for sure! :) Speaking of ribbons, congrats on the ones you took home from Woodlawn!

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't do bows normally. But, seeing the difference in the pumpkins will make me consider using them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't great to see different finishes of the same thing? I get so many ideas that way, plus sometimes I'm glad that I delayed finishing a piece because often I see something I like better than my original plan.

      Delete