Saturday, September 7, 2013

A Winning Weekend!

I have some real winners to show off to you today!  The first is this gorgeous version of my Spring Garden Thread Keep from the May/June 2013 issue of Needlepoint Now.  Elaine Flood stitched this one with her own choice of canvas and thread colors and I think it definitely wins as my favorite color variation that I've seen so far.   

Front of tag


Back of tag

The colors really "pop" off that gorgeous blue background, don't you think?  Great work, Elaine, and thanks for sharing!

Here's another favorite color variation in this series-- Jana Bendawald stitched this version of the Spring Garden Biscornu on green canvas instead of the original pink and added an antique button from her collection.  I love getting to see these kind of variations on the original work!


This set of my Halloween mini ornaments were all stitched by "First Timers" for the ANG Auction this month in Anaheim.  What great work they did, they all came out so cute!


They were all displayed on this great little tree and ultimately won by lucky bidder Lisa Eddo!  Big Congrats to her and wishing her a very Happy Halloween too!


Thanks for visiting my blog!  I hope to get back to my regular blog schedule now that Labor Day has passed and things get back to normal.  What happened to "the lazy days of summer" anyway?  I find that as of lately, summer is much more busy and hectic than the rest of the year.  Anyway, I hope to have some new stitching of my own to show off next time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment