Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy July 4th Weekend!!

My Stitcherie friend Judy G. put it best-- Have a Hoot on the Fourth!  I hope that it will indeed be a hoot for all of you, with plenty of stitching time and a great big sparkly fireworks display!  Judy finished her Patriot Owl from my Hoot Hoot club just in time for the celebration.  I'm happy to note she used sequins for the eyes on this one also-- I used a different technique for the pupils on each of the six owls for variety but also, if one way turns out to be your favorite, by all means do them all that way!   (That's what Judy says she plans to do!)




Ruth Schmuff has also been busy working on one of my Patriotic designs-- she has cooked up a stitch guide for it over at Bedecked & Bedazzled, read more about it over on her blog:


This is my Uncle Sam's Happy Fourth canvas and it was inspired by the fireworks display I am lucky enough to watch each year-- within walking distance from my house, a big red barn in the background and bunting decor everywhere, just wonderful and so Americana! (And I do bring a picnic basket too!) 


Wishing you all a very happy, safe, sparkly and stitchy Fourth!


No comments:

Post a Comment