Friday, September 15, 2023

It's Pumpkin Time!

Fall is almost here, so it's time for a NEW freebie chart for you!  I hope you will enjoy stitching this fun mini-pumpkin design.

I used Vineyard and Pepper Pot silks for this design, but as always, feel free to choose your own.  Everything is stitched with a single strand.  The canvas is a 8 x 8 piece of 18 count white mono.

The chart is a PDF download available on my website, just click HERE. The chart shows the left hand side of the design, the right hand is stitched as a mirror image of the left. I have placed the stitches I used where they will be effectively centered in the design and I have shown some of the compensating stitches as well.  

I recommend stitching the black outlines first, then filling the interior spaces. The outermost blue area is basketweave with lazy-daisy flowers stitched over the top, I have shown the placement of these with orange dots.  The middle portion is a Hungarian variation, I started the pattern so that the black dots are centered in the area. The middle portion is Caswell, done in two alternating colors.  The last step was to add a zig-zag over the top of the Caswell stitch, dividing the area into Argyle-like diamonds. 

Here's a detail photo of the flowers:

I hope you will have fun stitching this, I look forward to seeing your creations!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment