Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Introducing a New Design-- Tropicana Cuff Bracelet!

I am proud to present my latest design for Needlepoint Now magazine, a cuff-style bracelet that I have named "Tropicana" for its warm and vibrant color scheme. However, this design is highly adaptable, so you could easily pick your own color scheme-- how about Sonoran? Aquatic? Preppy, maybe?  The sky's the limit!  You can find the instructions for this design in the current May/June 2014 issue.  

Here's a preview page, complete with list of materials you will need:



As always, I like to show more detailed project photos here on my blog, and I hope they will be both helpful and inspirational.  Here is a close up of the design, before finishing and flat:




And here again, post-finishing.  I added a trim of extra large metallic rick-rack along the edges.  Although I did finish this myself, unless you are an extremely confident self-finisher, I highly recommend sending this project out to a professional, it will greatly enhance the style options and the wearability.



For the clasp/closure of my bracelet, I experimented with using a needle magnet, which I think worked well.  Plus it is another way to show off the fantastic bling in our magnet collections, right?  This great "Smiley" magnet is a prize I won in the Stitching Games last year over on Stitcherie!


Hope you have enjoyed this preview and I hope you'll enjoy working this project as well.  As always, if you have any questions regarding this design, please contact me here on the blog.  Please do share photos of your work as well, I'd love to see some alternate color versions of this piece! 

**Update:  I've added additional detail photos to an album on my Facebook page, click here to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment