Wednesday, March 19, 2014

New EyeCandy on Your Newsstand-- "Flower Power" in the May issue of Cross-Stitch and Needlework!

When I was contacted by the editors of Cross-Stitch and Needlework to be their featured designer for May 2014,  I was surprised and honored.  I have been a contributor to their hardcover Christmas Annual in the past, but to be featured in the magazine was a dream come true.  I suppose that it's realizing that I've come full-circle in the needlework world, as I have been a subscriber to this magazine ever since the first issue, way back in the '90's, back when I first discovered cross stitch and my obsession with needlework began.  And I still have every single back issue, hoarded away in my stash, far too sentimental to ever consider parting with them! 

What a thrill when this arrived in my mail, to see my design had been chosen for the cover!


You may be wondering what a needlepoint canvas painter is doing in a cross stitch publication, but they often feature both painted and counted canvas designers in their magazine.  I was able to submit my design for the feature as a painted canvas and they converted it to cross stitch, entrusting it to one of their superb professional model stitchers to make the lovely cross stitch version seen on the cover.  

Here is a photo of the original painted canvas:


Not to worry if you prefer to stitch it as a needlepoint, as the magazine provides instructions for a needlepoint version as well, with a conversion chart for Perle cotton and additional instructions in a download from their website.  

I hope you will enjoy this design and the feature article.  Remember, if you stitch this in any version whatsoever, please share a photo with me, I'd love to see what you did! 




No comments:

Post a Comment