Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Summer Stitching

Hi all!  Hope everyone had a fantastic July 4th weekend!  In keeping with the season and summer stitching, I'd like to share some of my summer holiday canvases and some fantastic stitching and finishing.

This is my "Uncle Sam's Happy Fourth" canvas.  It's part of a set of four designs all built around the major holidays.


The cutie pie below is "Sammy", who was last year's Summer Challenge canvas over on Stitcherie.  The group had so much fun stitching him, and everyone really made their canvas their own with lots of great personal touches.  This is Judy Gartman's Sammy-- she used such great stitches and her finished banner is so summery!

Palma Seljan's Sammy is also very fabulous, I love the buttons and the multi-color beach blanket!  Note each canvas has touches of "Ada's Rainbow" from Gloriana silks, my signature color.  Part of the challenge criteria was to use that color somewhere on the canvas.  Both ladies met that challenge very well!


This is "Stars N'Stripes", stitched by Judy Furie.  She and I both love glitz, I love all the beads, sequins and metallics she used here!


Last but not least is my Patriot Owl, part of the Hoot! Hoot! series.  This one is beautifully stitched and photographed by Angie Laube.  Note her matching magnet too!  Nice work Angie!


Hope this gets you in the mood for some summertime stitchin'!  Until next time, stay cool and stitch on! 


1 comment: